Nawaloka Hospital – Negombo is committed to the provision of a safe and healthy work environment for our customers,employees, contractors and visitors through a commitment to action in line with relevant Workplace Health and Safety legislation, compliance codes and appropriate standards by;
- • Providing an environment that promotes and supports the physical and psychological health and wellbeing of employees in the workplace in line with NHN values of Unity, Respect, Integrity and Excellence and the NHN Code of Conduct and maintain the standards continuously.
- • Maintaining a process of continuous improvement of the safety management framework, systems and processes ensuring safety practices are maintained maintain the standards continuously.
- • Ensuring staff are appropriately trained and educated in the area of Health & Safety in line with position accountability and responsibilities including individual obligations to personal safety and having continues improvement in those practices;
- • Reflecting Health & Safety expectations within position descriptions, performance development and planning processes and maintaining them continuously;
- • Reporting on Health & Safety performance targets at the organizational, divisional, and departmental levels and improving them for the future;
- • Evaluate Health & Safety implementation through analysis of organizational data of best practice and benchmarking with industry peers and keep improving;
- • Providing facilities, equipment, resources and services to enable employees to perform their role safely and keep monitoring.
- • Regularly communicating with staff in relation to Health & Safety initiatives and programs that support a workplace health and safety culture and keep upgrading the good health and safety practices;
- • Ensuring Health & Safety is an integral part of all NHN management systems and core operations of the hospital.
Our goal is to provide a safe and healthy work environment that is free from workplace injury and illness for all the people coming to this institution.